Terms and Conditions
- In these terms and conditions the following words have the following meanings:-
- You, your: the customer named in the Schedule
- We, us, our: A-Storage. and or affiliated companies
- Goods: anything that you bring on Site and store in the Unit
- Unit: the storage unit specified in the Schedule and/or any other storage unit the customer may occupy
- Commencement Date: the date specified in the Schedule
- Site: the premises on which the Unit is situated
- Access Hours: the hours we permit access to the Unit
- Prohibited Items: those items specified in Condition 10.
- Deposit: the amount specified in the Schedule
- Licence Fees: the amount specified in the Schedule which includes VAT, which shall also be paid by you where it is or becomes applicable
- Due Date: the date specified in the Schedule and the corresponding date in each period specified in the Schedule or the previous business day if the Due date falls on a Saturday, Sunday or Public Holiday
- Notice: one month or 31 days whichever is the longer.
- Late Fees: Fee charged should licence fee not be received by the due date of each calendar month.
- All fees are subject to VAT
- Administration Fee: Fee charged for chasing any licence fee not received by the due date of each calendar month.
- Schedule: the Licence Agreement or the Notification of Change Document.
- This Agreement: these terms and conditions and the information set out overleaf.
Your Right to Occupy: We permit You but NO OTHER PERSON to use the Unit in accordance with these terms and conditions from the Commencement Date until this agreement is terminated.
- You must inspect the Unit before storing any goods with us. This confirms that the unit is in suitable order for your use. You must inform us if you believe it is damaged or unsuitable for your requirements in any way during the period of your occupation. If you do not do so the Unit will be deemed to be suitable for you and in good condition at the Commencement Date and throughout the period of occupation.
- On removal of your items at the termination of your occupation we will inspect the unit and fill out an inspection report. Any damage, remaining goods, odour or debris resulting in maintenance or cleaning of the unit will result in full loss of deposit.
- All Unit sizes are approximate and we accept no responsibility for their accuracy. In agreeing to our license fees you accept it applies to the unit you use and not to any unit represented.
Access to the Unit by You and by Us
- You may have access to the Unit at any time during the Access Hours. No access to the Unit will be permitted outside these hours (save for written agreed access between you and us). We may change the Access Hours at any time without giving prior notice.
- Only you and persons authorised in writing or accompanied by you will be permitted to have access to the Unit for purposes of depositing, removing, substituting or inspecting the goods and Your regular inspection of the unit for damage or unsuitability. Any such person is your agent for whose actions You are responsible and liable to us and to other users of units on the Site. You may withdraw any authorisation at any time but the withdrawal will not be effective until we receive it in writing. We do not accept liability for unauthorised access by third parties in possession of the customer’s keyfob and or code and or with knowledge of the location of the room. In the event that further security is required the company may over-lock the room (by prior arrangement) and retain the over-lock key for a special charge. We may ask for proof of identity from you or any other person at any time (although we are not obliged by this Agreement or otherwise to do so) and we may refuse access to any person (including you) who is unable to provide satisfactory proof of identity. We may refuse You or your agents access at any time if we consider in our sole discretion that the safety of any person on the Site, or the security of the Unit or its contents, or other units or their contents will be put at risk. In the case of shared units or areas you accept that we have no liability in the management or control of the unit or area other than to hold the key for the unit or area if required to do so.
- You are responsible for providing a secure padlock for the Unit and You must ensure that the Unit is locked so as to be secure from unauthorised entry at all times when You are not in the Unit. We will not be responsible for locking any unlocked Unit. You should not leave your key with or permit access to your Unit to any person other than your own agent who is responsible to You and subject to your control and if You do so, You do so at your own risk whether or not any such person is our employee or agent. We do not accept any liability for any person including our employee or agent holding your key and having access to your Unit and any such person acts as your agent only.
- 6.1. Right of representation. On occasion you may give us written or verbal permission to represent you to receive goods into your unit, send goods from your unit, or have your belongings inspected or similar. Right of representation will be deemed to be given once you have given us your padlock code or key. Should we be given right of representation (expressed or implied by you) we accept no liability of whatsoever kind and you will indemnify us as per clauses 51 and 52.
- We (our agents or workman, with our express permission) reserve the right to access the Unit at all times and for all purposes and to remove all or any of the goods stored in the unit but, without prejudice to the generality thereof to inspect the Unit, to ensure compliance and observance by the Customer with the terms hereof and for carrying out repairs maintenance and alterations to the unit and Complex having given the customer 7 days notice. We shall not be liable for any damage caused to the goods stored in the unit as a result of such entry and removals except to the extent that this is due to our negligence.
- We may enter the Unit at any time without notifying you (and if necessary we may break the lock to gain entry):-(i) if we believe that the Unit contains Prohibited Items or is being used in breach of these terms and conditions;(ii) if we are required to do so by the Police, Fire Services, Local Authority or by a Court Order;(iii) if we believe it is necessary in an emergency;(iv) to obtain access in accordance with conditions 7, 14 and 25. (v) to prevent injury or damage to persons or property (vi) if we are of the opinion that any of the above apply for the purposes of ascertaining this
- All clients must conduct themselves in an appropriate manner. A zero tolerance approach will be taken to aggressive, rude, intimidating or inappropriate behaviour. Failure to act appropriately will result in immediate termination of this agreement and all/any deposits or rent paid by you.
- You shall indemnify us against negative, slanderous and inaccurate reviews by any medium be it social media or any other communications. Should you have issue with any of our services or products you shall email the matter to us for resolution within 7 (seven) days of any issue found. Failure to comply with this term shall result in legal action being taken by you and all costs in whatever capacity shall be paid for by you.
Use of the Unit and the Site
- You warrant to and covenant with us that you are the owner of and or entitled in law to the possession of the goods stored in the unit at any time or that ownership is vested in you for the purposes of entering into this agreement. You will meet any claim or costs against us if these declarations are not true.
- You may only use the Unit for storage and not for any other purpose. You must not store (and you must not allow for any other person to store unless by written agreement) any of the following in the Unit:-(i) food or perishable goods;(ii) birds, fish, animals or other living creatures;(iii) combustible or flammable materials or liquids such as paint, petrol, oil or cleaning solvents; (iv) explosives, weapons or ammunition;(v) chemicals, radioactive materials, biological agents;(vi) toxic waste, asbestos or other materials of a dangerous nature; (vii) any item which emits any fumes, smell or odour; (vii) any illegal substances or goods illegally obtained (viii) compressed gases. We may refuse to permit storage of any goods regardless of reason.
12.1) We do not allow fine wines, art of any type or items of a high monetary or sentimental nature to be stored. These items need to be in either specialist storage or kept with you as appropriate. This includes the ashes of a loved one or pet (to include any/all taxidermy items).
- We are a self storage facility and all liability for your items stored with us will remain firmly with the client. No liability for any loss of whatsoever kind will be accepted by us. It is the clients responsibility to protect all stored items. Items should be contained in plastic or cardboard boxes, all fabric should be protected in plastic storage and furniture should be covered in a protective covering. No liability will be accepted for damage of any kind for any reason by the company. Any item of a high sentimental or general value should be stored in plastic or metal boxes.
- You must not , unless by written agreement (and you must not allow any other person to):-
- use the Unit or do anything on the Site or in the Unit which may be a nuisance to us or to the users of any other Unit
- do anything on the Site or in the Unit which may invalidate any of our insurance policies (or those of other unit users) or increase the premiums;
- use the unit as living accommodation or as a home address;
- spray paint or do any mechanical work of any kind in the Unit without written permission;
- attach anything to the walls, ceiling, floor or doors of the Unit or make any alteration to the Unit;
- allow any liquid, substance, smell or odour to escape from the Unit or any noise to be audible or vibration to be felt outside the Unit
- cause any damage to the Unit or any other Unit or the Site or its facilities or to the property or possessions of us or any of our other customers. If you cause damage you must (at our option) repair, restore or replace such damaged item or reimburse our costs in making necessary repairs, restoration or replacement;
- cause any obstruction or undue hindrance in any passageway, service area or other part of the Site and you must at all time exercise courtesy to others in using these areas.
- Be abusive, aggressive or rude to any member of staff or another customer.
- You must: –
- inform us immediately to any damage to the Unit;
- comply with all fire safety and security precautions or instructions posted about our premises or as directed by any of our employees or agents at the Site and any further regulations for use of the Unit which we may issue from time to time.
- Make yourself available to receive any deliveries of goods to the unit, which you shall store in such a manner so as not to inconvenience any other unit users.
- indemnify us against ant loss or damage arising from wilful breach of any clause in this schedule
- Act appropriately at all times (failure to do so will lead to immediate termination of contract and loss of your deposit in its entirety)
- The schedule shall not confer upon you an exclusive right to possession of the unit and we may, upon giving you seven days prior written notice require you to remove your goods from one Unit to another Unit specified by us. The alternative unit shall be of similar size and of no higher price than that occupied by you prior to such move.
- Removal of your goods from the current Unit to the alternative Unit will be at your expense. If you do not arrange the removal of your goods to the alternative unit by the time specified in the notice, we may enter the unit and arrange for the goods to be so moved. Any removal arranged by us will be at your risk (except for loss or damage caused wilfully or negligently by our removal agents or us) and the removal expenses will be payable by you and we may add them to the Licence Fees.
- If your goods are moved to an alternative Unit, this Agreement will be varied by the substitution of the alternative Unit number but this Agreement will otherwise continue in full force and effect and the Licence Fee will continue to apply to the alternative Unit.
Fees and Payment
- You must on the signing of this schedule pay a deposit to us equal to 1 months charge for units over 150 sq ft and £40 for those under this footage, all fobs have a £10 deposit attached to each fob, this sum shall be retained by us until the termination of this schedule and thereafter returned to you by direct debit transfer or cheque (without interest) within 28 days after this Agreement terminates less any amount we may deduct to cover:-(i) repairing any damage to the Unit, the Site or any other Unit caused by you, your agents or invitees or by goods stored in the Unit;(ii) any unpaid Licence Fees or removal or other charges; or (iii) any other obligation to us that you have not discharged in full.
- the licence fee for the first 1 month of using the unit shall be due and payable on the commencement of the agreement. The monthly licence fee for each successive period thereafter shall likewise become due and payable on the due date of every calendar month. The licence fee shall be payable in respect 1 month or fraction of during which either there are goods stored in the unit for which you are responsible or during which time you require to use the unit. If you do not pay the Licence Fees on the Due Date, you will immediately become liable to pay a late payment charge of £10 plus VAT plus £10 plus VAT for each period of 7 days or any part of it that the Licence Fees (including any late payment or other charges) remain unpaid after the Due Date.
- Preferred payment would be by Direct Debit each month. Should your DD be rejected you will incur a £15 administration charge plus VAT.
- Should you make a payment into the wrong bank account, not reference the payment as we have instructed or pay storage fees directly into the bank we will charge you £15 plus VAT as this will cause us administration to find your payment.
- A-Storage do not accept cheques.
- In the event that a direct debit is dishonoured, we may make a further minimum charge of £15 plus VAT on each occasion that your direct debit or standing order is returned. Additionally, You must pay us interest on all amounts overdue for payment from You at the rate of 5% above the base rate of Bank of England, calculated from the date when payment becomes due up to and including the date of actual payment including all accrued interest, whether before or after judgment, and whether or not we exercise the right of sale under this Agreement.
- In the event of any breach of this agreement which requires us to take any remedial action we may make an appropriate charge to recover any costs or other charges involved.
- We may alter the Licence Fees at any time by giving you written notice and the new Licence Fees shall take effect on the first Due Date occurring not less than three weeks after the date of the notice.
Non Payment of Licence Fees
- By signing the Agreement you are agreeing to pay your licence fees on the Due Date of each calendar month. This date is set and failure to pay on this day will constitute breach of this agreement. Your deposit will be immediately forfeited and clauses (29 to 33) shall apply.
- If you do not pay any of Our Licence Fee by its Due Date we may (in our sole discretion) immediately without notice to you withdraw all discounts, deductions or other rebates on the Licence Fee agree to be granted by us to you.
- As soon as your account is in arrears we reserve the right to lock your storage unit and charge you to do so. We will also, automatically, disable your fob. Once your account has been cleared we will remove the lock and again charge you for this service. Each visit will be charged at £15 per visit plus VAT.
- The prompt payment of each and every sum whether invoiced or not, owing from you to us from time to time under this Licence or any other agreement between you and us (in this condition called ‘your debt’) is the essence of this Licence.
- On each occasion any amount submitted by you by way of payment of our licence fees is dishonoured, at our option you must immediately on demand pay us an administrative charge of £15 plus VAT for each item within the debt collection process. One text and one telephone reminder shall be afforded to you without administration charge only. A £10 plus VAT late fee will immediately be incurred the day after your due date. Furthermore, for every seven days your account remains unpaid a charge of £10 plus VAT will be applied to your outstanding debt. If the account remains unpaid by 30th of the month then a £10 plus VAT fee shall be added to secure your items. This charge will constitute late payment fees.
- The terms of this condition are additional to and without prejudice to all or any rights we may have at common law or otherwise.
- In the event of a default of the prompt payment of your debt:
- We are relieved of any duty howsoever arising in respect of the goods: and
- The goods are held solely at your risk and we shall be able to immediately exercise the lien described below.
- We have a lien over the goods for your debt until payment of your debt in full has been received by us in cash or bank transfer, and after this lien becomes exercisable by us, the following conditions shall apply:
- You shall pay us fees and charges at the same rates as under this licence and if this licence has been terminated, the relevant rate at which such fees and charges will be payable by you will be the rate which was payable immediately prior to termination: and
- In default of the prompt payment of your debt, you authorise us:-
- To refuse you and your agents access to the goods, the storage unit and/or the building.
- To retain, store, and, if necessary, ultimately sell all or some of the goods to recover the debt.
- In the event that your debt is not paid 30 days after the due date or you fail to collect the goods after we have required you to collect them or upon expiry or termination of this Licence, we may, (subject to condition 33), sell the goods and pass all ownership to them and use the proceeds of sale to pay first the costs incurred by us and secondly in paying your debt to hold any balance for you.
- All costs incurred by us must be covered and this includes, but is not limited to, overlocking, compiling inventories, arranging sales, rubbish removal, cleaning and any and all associated administration.
- If the proceeds of sale are insufficient to discharge all or any part of the costs of sale incurred by us and your debt, you must pay any balance outstanding to us within seven days of a written final demand from us, which will set out the balance remaining due to us after the net proceeds of sale have been credited to you. At this point any outstanding balance will be subject to an interest rate of 5% above base rate and will continue to accrue on your debt until payment has been made.
- Before we sell the goods, we will give you notice in writing (provided in accordance with condition 31) of the amount of your debt at the date of the notice and that in default of payment within 10 days of the date of the notice, we will sell the goods. We do not agree to give you any further notice of any intended sale:
- We will sell the goods by any method(s) reasonably available to achieve a selling price reasonably obtainable in the open market, taking into account the costs of sale.
- If the goods cannot reasonably and economically be sold (for any reason whatsoever) or they remain unsold despite our efforts, you authorise us to treat them as abandoned by you and to destroy or otherwise dispose of them at your cost.
- You will pay our reasonable costs incurred in administering the debt collection and sale process described in this condition. These costs, removal costs, cleaning costs and charges for our own time.
- The following procedures shall be applied to all outstanding accounts at an administration charge of £15 plus VAT per administrative process:
- On the 11th of the month a letter shall be sent to you by recorded delivery or signed for post.
- On the 30th of the month a second letter shall be sent to you by recorded delivery or signed for post. There is also a £5 charge to secure your items at this point.
- One month after the fee due date (5th of the following month) a final demand shall be sent to you, giving notice that your items shall be removed to a holding area.
- One month two weeks after your account is outstanding, your items will be removed to holding area and an inventory shall be taken of all your items removed from your storage unit. There will be an administration charge of £15 for this service. Plus a further charge of £150 payable by you for production of the inventory. We shall accept no liability for loss of damage to the goods arising from their removal to the holding area.
- Either you or we may terminate this Agreement by giving not less than 1 months written notice ending on any due date and termination will take effect from that due date. If you have not vacated by the time the due date has passed then the notice will elapse and a fresh notice period and a new departure date must be given to comply with this clause. Licence Fees paid in advance will be refunded to the nearest unused seven day period but we may make deductions from them as if they were a Deposit.
- You may not terminate this agreement if any Licence Fees or other charges are outstanding or if you are otherwise in breach of the Agreement.
- We may terminate this Agreement immediately by giving you written notice if you are in breach of any term of this Agreement.
- On termination of this Agreement you must remove all goods from the Unit and leave the Unit clean and tidy and in the same condition as the Commencement Date. We may charge you if at our sole discretion we decide that it is necessary to clean the Unit or dispose of any goods or rubbish left in the Unit or on the Site.
- We may treat any goods remaining in the unit after termination as abandoned and may dispose of them in accordance with Condition 25.
- Fobs must be returned in person on by signed for post, together with sort code and account number so that we may return your deposit to you (provided no damage has been incurred to the unit and your account is financially settled).
- You must provide satisfactory evidence that your goods are fully insured. We do not insure your goods whilst in the Unit. Storage of goods in the Unit is at your sole risk and you must insure them to their full current value.
- Should you, for any reason, decide to terminate your insurance or breach your own insurance conditions or refuse to undertake insurance, you agree not to litigate against us for compensation of any kind and for any reason under contractual or any civil laws.
- If you are arranging your own insurance you must still advise of the value of goods in store in writing.
Exclusion of Liability
- We exclude all liability in respect of loss or damage relating to Your business, if any, including consequential loss, lost profits or business interruption, and all liability in respect of loss or damage to the Goods caused by Normal Perils, including as a result of negligence by us, our agents and/or employees above the sum of £50 which we consider to be the normal excess on a standard household insurance policy whether or not that policy would cover the Goods. Normal Perils in this Condition mean loss of or damage to Goods caused by fire, lightning, explosion, earthquake, aircraft, storm, flood, bursting &/or leaking pipes, theft accompanied by forcible and violent entry or exit, riot, strike, civil commotion, malicious damage, and impact by vehicles. We shall not be liable for any loss (including consequential or economic loss) or damage which may be suffered by you as a direct result of the performance of the agreement by the company being prevented, hindered or delayed by reason of any act of God, force majeure, riot, strike or lock-out, trade dispute or labour disturbance, accident, break-down of plant or machinery, fire, flood, difficulty in obtaining workman, materials or transport, electrical power failures, threat of or actual terrorism or environmental or health emergency or hazard, or entry into any unit including the Unit or the Site by, or arrest or seizure or confiscation of Goods by competent authorities or other circumstances whatsoever outside our control affecting the provision by us or the availability of the unit. Nor shall we be liable for any loss including consequential or economic loss or damage to the goods stored in the Unit, whether or not the damage is due to any act or omission, negligence or wilful default by us or by any of our servants or agents or other customers; nor shall we be liable for any consequential or economic loss incurred by you as a result of any loss or damage to the goods or deliveries received or accepted by us on your behalf or in your absence in which case you must make appropriate provision with your insurers to indemnify us against any claim arising. Any other representations, conditions, warranties and other terms, whether written or oral, express or implied, statutory or otherwise which are or may be inconsistent with this condition are expressly excluded
- The exclusion of liability does not apply where the damage suffered by you is as a direct result of our negligence or wilful default or that of our servants or agents and which causes physical injury to or the death of any person.
- You will indemnify us and keep us indemnified against any demand or claim made or any action or other proceeding brought against us arising out of or in connection with any dispute as to the ownership of the goods stored in the unit or as to the person entitled in law to possession thereof or the dangerous nature of any dangerous characteristic thereof or the infective or contagious nature thereof and against all and any costs charges, expenses damages or loss incurred or suffered or becoming payable by us in or in connection with or as a result of any such demand claim or action or other proceedings as aforesaid.
- You shall also fully and effectively indemnify and keep indemnified us from and against all claims action demands costs and charges of whatsoever nature incurred by us or any of our servants agents or other customers arising out of or resulting from the use of the unit by the customer.
- Any notice given under this Agreement must be in writing and may be served by personal delivery, or by pre-paid post. Any notice to you may be sent to the address stated in the schedule or any other address, which you notify to us in writing. Any notice to us must be sent to our address set out in the Schedule. Notices will be deemed to be effectively served immediately if delivered personally or forty-eight hours after they have been placed in the post.
- Any delay by us in exercising any of our rights under this Agreement will not impair our rights or be a waiver of those rights, nor will any partial exercise or any right preclude a further exercise of that right.
- You may not assign any of your rights under this Agreement or part with possession of the Unit to any other person, firm or company.
- All the terms of the contract between the Company and the Customer are set out in the Storage Agreement and in these Conditions. All other terms conditions warranties guarantees undertakings or representations whether express or implied by statute (insofar as such statute permit) common-law or otherwise or arising from conduct or a previous course of dealing or trade custom or usage or agreed or offered orally or in correspondence or otherwise are hereby excluded from the Storage Agreement. No variation of the Storage Agreement is binding on the Company unless agreed to in writing and signed by a director of the Company. None of our other employees or agents has any authority to vary this Agreement on our behalf whether orally or in writing or to make any representation of fact that is or may be inconsistent with the terms of this Agreement.
- Every provision in these terms and conditions is severable and distinct from every other provision and if at any time one or more of such provisions is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions will not be affected in any way.
- This Agreement shall not create a tenancy, lease or any other relationship of landlord and tenant between you and us neither shall we for any other purpose whatsoever be treated as a warehouse keeper.
- Where the customer is two or more persons your obligations under this agreement shall be joint and several.
- Whilst on our premises customers may be recorded by CCTV and the information kept on record.
- All items must be insured and proof of insurance should be given for the file.
- If insurance is not arranged this will invalidate your contract with us and no liability will be accepted by us.
- Insurance will be purchased by the client through A-Storage.
- Insurance arranged through a third party may be accepted by agreement provided a valid copy of proof of insurance is provided for the file.
- If the Client fails to pay insurance fees they will incur late fees at the same rate and under the same conditions as unpaid storage fees.
Data Protection rules have recently changed. Please see below how we use your information and why
- A Storage do not pass your details to ANY 3rd party unless there is a legal requirement to do so. We do not sell, release or share your details with anyone else.
- We will never pass your data outside of the EU
- By signing this contract you are agreeing to us using your data for our working practices.
- Your data is stored in a confidential manner. Paper data is kept in a locked cabinet and only accessed by Data Processors and our database is password protected and backed up onto a secure cloud with encryption. When using a subcontracted company (IT) they are contractually bound to strict contractual obligations to ensure they keep your data safe and not to disclose any or all of it to any 3rd
- We only use your data in the day to day working management of your contract save for update emails.
- We audit your data on a regular basis to ensure it is accurate and kept secure.
- We audit our processes and train staff on a regular basis to ensure your data is kept safe and only ever used in the proper manner. All staff are contractually obliged to keep your data safe and not to disclose it to a 3rd
- Update emails may be unsubscribed from your email at any time and on sign up you have to opt in to receive them. Unless we have your permission, we will never contact you to market our products or services.
- We never send information to you from 3rd parties about their services and, should this ever occur, it would only be sent within our newsletter.
- We only ever use your information for our own working practices.
- The new rules state that you may request all your information to be deleted and no record kept of your transactions – however, this is not applicable under this contract as we have to retain details for HMRC purposes and you must consider this if this is an issue for you.
- You have the right to a copy of ALL details we keep regarding your personal information. Should you want a copy of this please contact us. There is a small fee for production of documents and we will return these to you within 28 days.
Single Item Terms and Conditions
The following paragraphs contain the general terms and conditions under which A Storage is engaged in the movement, transportation, and storage of personal items. A Storage reserves the right to amend any portion of these terms and conditions of service at any time
STORAGE SERVICES. Single item storage must be contained in a pre purchased medium or large box from this company only. The customer will then pack their own box and protect all items where necessary using bubble wrap, cardboard wrap or polystyrene chips.
VENDORS/AGENTS. A Storage reserves the right to use vendors and other agents in performing the services for the Customer. The Customer acknowledges the use of these parties and the fact that the Customer has no contractual relationship with these parties.
HOW TO PACK GUIDE. The Customer acknowledges agrees that the safe packing of items is the sole responsibility of the Customer. The Customer accepts full responsibility and liability for any and all damages or losses that result from the Customer’s failure to adhere to the terms of Packing Guide, including damages and losses incurred by other customers as a result of The Customer’s failure to adhere to these terms.
BOXES AND PACKING MATERIALS.
A-Storage sell a range of boxes and packing materials. Items may only be stored in a box purchased from A-Storage. This ensures that items are stored in quality packaging to keep your items safe and are of the correct sizes. You may not use boxes purchased elsewhere.
NON PAYMENT OF FEES
All fees for storage must be paid PRIOR to store with us. If any items are not collected on the due date a service charge of £15 per week per box shall be applied. We have a lien over your goods and should items not be collected and your account remains outstanding for 30 days we reserve the right to sell your items to recover our costs. The customer acknowledges and agrees to these terms on signing of this document.
The weight limit for individual boxes is 30kg. Individual boxes found to be overweight will result in the Customer being charged additional fees as set out below: Storage box in good condition and less than or equal to 31kg: – £10 per kg over prescribed limit. Storage box in poor condition and/or greater than 31kg: – A re-packing fee of £25 plus a pro-rata storage fee based on the total number of boxes stored, after re-packing to bring overweight box(es) down to prescribed limit. In cases where boxes are overweight but stored nonetheless due to being below 31kg and in good condition, the insurance for such boxes will be deemed null and void, unless The Customer requests that the boxes are re-packed to bring them down to prescribed limits, in which case the prices above will apply.
OVERWEIGHT AND DAMAGED ITEMS.
In cases where overweight items arrive at A-Storage both damaged and overweight, the terms outlined above shall apply, except the re-packing fee is increased to £50 per box, due to the increased difficulties associated with re-packing damaged goods, especially glassware, and insurance for the item is rendered null and void.
INCORRECTLY PACKED ITEMS.
Items that are found to be incorrectly or inappropriately packed (as described in how to pack guide) shall be deemed invalid for insurance purposes and the insurance for such items will be deemed null and void.
The Customer must provide to A-Storage a full inventory of all items and their replacement values stored before presenting items to A-Storage either in person or via their arranged man and van. Failure to do so will render insurance cover for such items null and void.
All bookings are subject to a non-refundable advance payment in full. Should the Client wish to collect their items prior to the agreed date A-Storage are not obliged to furnish them with any refund of whatsoever kind.
If A-Storage is unable to arrange the return of the Customer’s possessions for a period of 30 days after the end of storage due to the Customer being un-contactable, or unable or unwilling to collect the items then A-Storage reserves the right to dispose of the Customer’s belongings as it sees fit.
Provision of photo identification is a necessary condition of booking. Customers are required to provided scanned photo identification for each booking with A-Storage.
LIABILITY FOR LOSS/DAMAGE.
The Customer recognises that A-Storage will not be held liable for damage to their belongings after return delivery date. The Customer recognises that only loss or damage caused by the negligence of A-Storage or its affiliates will be covered by A-Storage. Only physical damage to the exterior of a box will activate any claim on the item. In addition, damages that result from non-adherence to the How To Pack Guide are not the responsibility of A-Storage. A-Storage automatically protects each Box against loss or damage up to a value of £100. The customer agrees that the declared value of each package is no greater than £100 and that A-Storage’s liability is limited to £100 per box.
The liability does not cover: – Jewellery, coins, and collectables. – Cash. – Damage to electronic equipment if there is no evidence of physical damage or breakage to the packaging container. – Items of intangible value. – Extremely fragile items (e.g. mirrors). – Improperly packed items. – Concealed damage. – Damages due to natural disasters. Damaged items must have evidence of physical damage to the exterior packaging, casing or surface of the item. A-Storage cannot be held liable for concealed damage to items within a carton, trunk, or other casing without physical damage to the exterior of the package. The Customer acknowledges that they are liable for any damage their storage contents may cause to the property of others when those items are prohibited in the How To Pack Guide. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in this Agreement, A-Storage’s maximum liability for any damage, loss, cost, or expense incurred as a result of any storage by A-Storage is limited by the terms included in this Agreement. All insurance coverage is expressly limited to the period in which the Customer’s possessions are in the actual care and custody of A-Storage and/or its affiliates. Insurance cover ends when the Customer’s packages are returned to them. In the case of damage to packages, any damaged packages must be inspected in the presence of a A-Storage’s representative at the time of collection (or as soon thereafter as reasonably practicable) to confirm damage. All damaged boxes must be opened at the time of collection (or as soon thereafter as reasonably practicable), at which time A-Storage’s representative will document the damage. Claims shall be deemed waived if not filed within 3 days following return collection of the damaged package or, in the case of lost items, within 5 days following the scheduled collection of the missing item.
Except as specifically provided in this Agreement, the Customer waives any claims for damage or loss of any article against A-Storage and its employees. The Customer expressly releases and holds A-Storage, and its agents and employees harmless from any and all costs of processing any claim or defending any claim arising from this Agreement.
The Customer acknowledges that there are no representations, warranties, or Agreements by or between the parties which are not fully set forth herein and no representative of A-Storage or our agents is authorised to make any representations, warranties, or Agreements other than as expressly set forth herein. Only a written letter signed by the parties may amend this Agreement.
- ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This Agreement shall be governed, interpreted, and construed according to the law of England and Wales.
Virtual Office Terms and Conditions
Your agreement is made between you (“The Customer”) and A Storage (“The Company”).
Customer means any company, firm, organisation or private individual trading with the Company.
The Company refers to A Storage, its employees and Directors.
The agreement shall continue from the start date to period end. However, if the Client fails to pay any advance fees the service will automatically be terminated and any/all post received will be charged out to the Client at £2 per item.
An Agreement may be cancelled at any time provided 30 days notice is given. However, advanced fees may not be returned. You may cancel but you forfeit the right of return of any unused part of the service as set up and administration fees. The Client signs up to service in full knowledge and agreement of this (subject to the 14 day cooling off period).
The Company will take all reasonable steps to ensure accurate and efficient dealing with all communications received for the customer and that mail is handled in accordance with the customers instructions on the application form. However, no warranty or liability is accepted by the Company, its staff or agents in relation to services provided, nor for losses or damages to the customer nor money, valuables or loss of business, however so caused.
The Client will be issued with a postal address. This address ONLY may be used by the Client. The Client may not adjust, review, edit or alter the address in any way.
The Client agrees not to circumvent, interfere with, tamper with or re-direct any mail whatsoever which contains the address 203 – 205 Charminster Rd, Bournemouth BH8 9QQ or any part thereof. Failure to comply with this condition will automatically constitute grounds for immediate termination of all or any services provided to them by the Provider.
All Clients must collect their post from their assigned post box. The Company accepts no liability or warranty in relation to services provided, nor for losses or damage to the Customer or money, valuables or loss of business howsoever caused. The Company will take all reasonable and practicable steps to ensure accurate and efficient dealing with all mail or deliveries received.
You are predominantly purchasing a business address for use of business post (letters). If you expect to receive large, bulky or heavy items we must be notified by phone or email prior to the expected delivery date. These items will be charged at £2.00 per day after the first 48 hours which is free, the charge will be applied until collected.
Arrangements may be made for the Company to forward mail to the Client at an additional charge per item payable in advance. However, the Company accepts no liability or warranty for items of whatsoever kind.
The subscriber also agrees to pay the administration fee for mail forwarding which is equal to the postage cost.
The subscriber undertakes to notify the Provider in writing of any change of address or contact details. The subscriber is entitled to print the mailing address and/or telephone number on all stationery only during the currency of the agreement.
The subscriber agrees that it will not use the service for any illegal or illegitimate purposes, and that such uses will constitute grounds for immediate termination of services by the Provider and agrees to provide the Provider with an acceptable form of ID under any current or future Money Laundering Regulations.
The Provider will make every reasonable effort to ensure accurate and expeditious handling of but no responsibility shall attach to the Company or its employees, agents or officers for any damages, injuries or loss
We do not allow allow MLR registrations with any of our address services.
The subscriber understands and agrees to any mail other than statutory mail from HMRC and Companies House will be returned to sender unless the subscriber has also purchased an Address service from the Company that is current and active, if expired mail will also be returned to sender.
The customer hereby confirms that the information provided in this Agreement is accurate at the time of signing the Agreement and any change(s) of customers personal details or business details will be notified to the Company immediately. The company reserves the right to suspend or terminate a customers service if we are unable to contact them appropriately.
The customer will fully indemnify the Company against all liabilities, expenses, losses, claims, damages or penalties incurred by the Company is respect of this Agreement and due to the way in which the business services are however occasioned including through defamation, suing or being sued as a result of the breach whatsoever and howsoever committed by the customer or any third parties. The Company, its staff or agents will have no liability to any third party.
The registered Account Holder is solely responsible for ensuring that the mailbox is always operated within the law, is not used to transport any goods prohibited by the Royal Mail and that the mailbox address is not misrepresented for the purpose of fraud.
What your address may be used for:
Can I register a Company to my mailbox address? Yes… if you hold a 12 month Business mailbox account AND you are a named Director of the Company, you can use the address as the registered office at no extra charge, provided that the registration is not fraudulent and complies fully with all relevant legislation.
What is ‘business’ mail? Any mail that includes a Company Title (eg; ABC Ltd.), a trading style (eg; Evans Bookeeping Services), or a corporate office or officer (eg; The Secretary, Accounts Department) in the address… and any mail received from Companies House, is considered to be business mail.
Can I use the address to open a Bank Account? Whilst you can use it as a mailing address for your bank statements etc., claiming it to be your residential address when opening a bank account is a breach of the 2007 Money Laundering Regulations and will almost certainly be uncovered when the bank checks the Electoral Register during their due diligence.
What about trade accounts or credit cards? For the same reason, you cannot use an accommodation address to apply for finance or credit in any form.
Can I register a vehicle to my mailbox address? The advice from the DVLA is to include a short note with your V5C (log book) application, explaining why you need to use an accommodation address for registration; perhaps that you are based abroad with vehicles operating in the UK, or simply that you have no fixed UK address. However, no financial documentation purporting to that vehicle may contain the business address (unless simply for purposes of postal delivery).
Can I have parcels delivered here? Yes… small parcels, packages, letters and print may be delivered free of charge. Large deliveries and parcels will also be held for you for 48 hours free of charge but will thereafter incur a fee of £2 per item per day.
Finally, all prohibited activity (just to recap)!
• Any Illegal activity of whatsoever kind or nature.
• Money Laundering Registrations.
• No loans, bank cards, finance, credit in any form or any nature.
• To open a bank account (although use of receipt of bank statements is allowed).
• Any activity that purports the Client to be owner, associated or in control in any way of the Company, building or any of its staff and or associates.
• Misrepresentation for the purposes of fraud or any other illegal substance trafficking.
• The mailbox may not be used for any items that are prohibited by the Royal Mail.
All breaches of the terms above will cause instant termination of contract and any/all information the Company determines is or could be illegal or a risk to any public safety shall be reported to the relevant authority.
A-Storage is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
A-Storage may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25/4/2018
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
• name and job title
• contact information including email address
• demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
• other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping.
• We may use the information to improve our products and services.
• We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
• if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to A-Storage, 203-205 Charminster Road, Bournemouth BH8 9QQ
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.